Thank you to everyone who was part of another victorious cross country season, full of fantastic LoSS team spirit, exceptional performances and lots of grit and determination
The final race of the season was yesterday at Highwood, a 5 mile challenging course that was made even harder for many as the route was not well signed or marshalled and many went the wrong way. However I’m proud to say that both the Men and Ladies delivered in style.
Ladies – Winners in the race delivering a Perfect Season, 6 races 6 wins. Plus the 6 season on the bounce as Champions – Amazing
Men – Close second in the race, meaning that they also topped the table after a six race campaign finishing in joint first place with Springfield Striders.
Some other words of thanks and special mentions:-
· Tracy English for finishing 2nd in the Ladies race and Katie Spicer for taking 3rd
· Carlos Rybeck for finishing 2nd in the Men’s race
· Dean Ovel – Who should have finished 5th capping off an incredible XC season but thanks to dodgy marshalling, came home in 20th. I’ve never seen him that angry before! Still his home baked cookies were fabulous!
· Jackie Camm – who, if she didn’t follow Arran Salmon! would have finished in 5th in the Ladies race!
· Michelle Roberts – For demonstrating what running with LoSS is all about.
· Men Scorers – Carlos Rybeck (2nd), Laurence Willmore (5th), Ty Farrer (6th), Neil Spicer (10th), Sean Perrotton (12th), Adam Lysons (17th) and Dean Ovel (20th)
· Ladies Scorers – Tracy English (2nd), Katie Spicer (3rd), Andrea Hughes (4th) and Ellie Kimber (6th)
· Eric Britton, Paul Maskell and Vicky Parsons for supporting the team yesterday
· Our Team Captains – Dean Ovel and Lisa Westwick.
· To every LoSS members who have taken part in one or more of the six fixtures over the season, plus the numerous others who have supported in some way
· To the Men and Ladies who ran six out of six fixtures – Cathy Salmon, Chris McClay, David Harwicker, David Ward, Jerry Bethell, Katie Spicer, Matt Rivers, Michelle Roberts, Philip Digby, Rob Burns & Tracy English
· To the Men and Ladies who have ran twelve out of twelve fixtures from 2013-2015. True Commitment – Arran Salmon, Dean Ovel, Ellie Kimber & Neal Marlow
Finally, with victory and effort comes celebration and in true LoSS style we will have be hosting celebration drinks for the LoSS team plus the LoSS members who are taken part in the forthcoming marathons on the evening of Friday 1st May 2015 in Leigh on Sea, please let me know if you are able join us, as we have a special treat for many.
Thank you again for being members of LoSS and in delivering another XC season with fantastic commitment, inspiring effort and that very special LoSS team spirit.